- October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month. Held each October, National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) is a time to celebrate the many and varied contributions of America’s workers with disabilities. The theme for this year — which marks 70 years since the first observance — is “My Disability is One Part of Who I Am.” Learn more at the Office of Disability Employment Policy website.
- MSCOD supports the VSA Minnesota event, “Minnesota Arts Access Chautauqua.” Please consider attending this fine event on Friday-Saturday, September 25-26, 2015 at the Cowles Center for Dance & Performing Arts in Minneapolis.
- Metropolitan Center for Independent Living’s annual event is coming up on October 6 and features Paralympic Athlete and MN native Chuck Aoki as keynote speaker!
- On Oct. 22, AuSM will bring together Minnesota’s top corporate leaders, business professionals, state agencies, and autism advocates for Autism in Business.
Archives for September 2015
The event includes:
- MNBLN Presents: Career Fair with Private and Public Employers, including Resumé Review and Mock Interviews
- MNSCIA Presents: Resource Vendor Fair with Private and Public Resource Organizations
- Minnesota State Council on Disability (MSCOD) Breakout Sessions
- 25th Anniversary of the ADA Celebration Recap
- Artists & Performers with Disabilities
- tpt Live broadcast statewide Brown Bag Lunch featuring U.S. Senator Tom Harkin, Minnesota Policy Makers, Minnesota Employers, Minnesota Job Seekers and Employees.
- Statewide Employment Dialogue
- Q&A with U.S. Senator Tom Harkin and Featured Employers