Minnesota Statewide Independent Living Council (MNSILC) is seeking submissions of creative works from youth around the state of Minnesota for their Fall Conference. They are interested in what our youth have to say and they want to hear from them as they strive to create a more independent living environment for individuals living with disabilities. Independent living is having opportunities to make decisions that affect one's life, the ability to pursue activities of one's own choosing - limited only in the same ways that one's nondisabled neighbors are limited.
- What – MNSILC is looking for creative works from MN youth.
- Theme – How can we change the world to make it a better place for people living with disabilities?
- Reward – All works will be displayed at their Fall Conference as space allows. Selected winners will be published on MNSILC platforms and featured in some of their publications.
- Who – Minnesota youth up to age 24
- When – All submissions are due by June 30, 2022.
- Where to send – Digital submission can be emailed to email@example.com and physical submissions can be mailed to MNSILC, 13189 Gladiola Way, Apple Valley, MN 55124.
- How are winners determined – Representatives of the MNSILC will make the final choices.
What is a creative work?
- A story
- A poem
- An article
- A photograph
- A painting, drawing
- Music or a song
- A video
- Call 612-518-1497 or email firstname.lastname@example.org