MCIL is proud to be partnered with the State as a COVID-19 Community Coordinator. In this role, we are working with the State to ensure people with disabilities in Minnesota have access to the Minnesota COVID-19 Vaccine Connector and other COVID-19 information specific to their communities, including in multiple languages.
Community Coordinators can answer questions about and help with:
- Obtaining a COVID-19 test
- Obtaining a COVID-19 vaccination
- Information on:
- Transportation to/from testing and vaccination sites
- Food support
- Health care and mental health resources
- Housing and rental assistance
- Employment resources
- Obtaining PPE (we can send a PPE care package!)
- General information about COVID-19 and best practices for staying safe
We can also offer interactive Zoom meetings answering questions or talking about COVID safety such as mask wearing and social distancing.
Other helpful websites
How to get vaccinated
- The State of Minnesota is still offering vaccines at the Mall of America (Pfizer) and MSP Airport Terminal 2 (Johnson & Johnson, through August 7).
- The Mall of America and MSP Airport Terminal 2 offer accessibility accommodations. To make sure they have the accommodations that meet your needs, you should call the Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 Public Hotline at 1-833-431-2053 (voice or preferred relay service) between 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday and 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays.
- You can also get the vaccine at many pharmacies and clinics throughout the state. Contact your preferred pharmacy or clinic to ask for details and accessibility accommodations.
- Between now and August 15 (or as long as supply lasts), Hennepin County is offering $50 Visa gift cards to everyone 12 and older who receives a COVID-19 vaccine at a Hennepin County vaccine site. Click here to learn more.